Greenwich High Road
Situated in the heart of Greenwich, comes this new development of 2 & 3 bedroom apartments. All apartments have been finished to a high standard and within easy reach of Greenwich mainline and DLR stations with fast access to Canary Wharf, City and the West End. Royal Greenwich Village is packed full of entertainment, architecture, world-famous landmarks and beautiful parks. Discover bustling Borough market, the fantastic theatre district in the West End showing world-class productions, shopping at Oxford Street, pubs and eateries in Soho and Covent Garden for a wonderfully relaxing Sunday lunch or Michelin starred restaurants dotted across the city to take that special someone out to the perfect, luxurious and exclusive evening meal. Secure parking is available
Greenwich is an early-established district of today's London, England, centred 5.5 miles (8.9 km) east south-east of Charing Cross. The town lends its name to the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
Greenwich is generally described as being part of South-east London and sometimes as being part of East London. The town gives its name to one of the five boroughs of the London Docklands, and is connected to areas with docks of London historically by river and today to Canary Wharf and other districts by the Docklands Light Railway.
Greenwich is notable for its maritime history and for giving its name to the Greenwich Meridian (0° longitude) and Greenwich Mean Time. The town became the site of a royal palace, the Palace of Placentia from the 15th century, and was the birthplace of many Tudors, including Henry VIII and Elizabeth I. The palace fell into disrepair during the English Civil War and was rebuilt as the Royal Naval Hospital for Sailors by Sir Christopher Wren and his assistant Nicholas Hawksmoor. These buildings became the Royal Naval College in 1873, and they remained an establishment for military education until 1998 when they passed into the hands of the Greenwich Foundation. The historic rooms within these buildings remain open to the public; other buildings are used by University of Greenwich and Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance.
The town became a popular resort in the 18th century and many grand houses were built there, such as Vanbrugh Castle (1717) established on Maze Hill, next to the park. From the Georgian period estates of houses were constructed above the town centre. The maritime connections of Greenwich were celebrated in the 20th century, with the siting of the Cutty Sark and Gipsy Moth IV next to the river front, and the National Maritime Museum in the former buildings of the Royal Hospital School in 1934. Greenwich formed part of Kent until 1889 when the County of London was created.
2 mins Walk (53,177, N89)
3 Mins Walk (Deptford Bridge)
12 Mins (New Cross)
If you would like to make an enquiry regarding this property,
call us on 020 8826 4359 or fill out the below form and a member of our team will be in touch.