tucked away in the pocket of this up and coming area is this futuristic single storey two bedroom dwelling. The scheme will only rise one single storey but benefits from a second level and comprises two bedrooms which lies entirely underground. A substantial state of the art light well will provide natural day and sun light and give natural ventilation along with a private amenity space. The property is situated perfectly in the heart of North London only a 1-minute walk from Seven Sisters Tube Station, which has a direct line into King’s Cross St Pancras, Euston and Oxford Circus which is only 6 stops away. There are also good bus links directly to the surrounding areas of Holloway, Haringey, Wood Green, Enfield Town, Tottenham and beyond. The house is situated within walking distances of good local amenities including a variety of shops, an array of restaurants and many pubs and bars
There has been a settlement at Tottenham for over a thousand years. It grew up along the old Roman road, Ermine Street (some of which is part of the present A10 road), and between High Cross and Tottenham Hale, the present Monument Way.
When the Domesday Book was compiled in 1086, about 70 families lived within the area of the manor, mostly labourers working for the Lord of the Manor. A humorous poem entitled the Tournament of Tottenham, written around 1400, describes a mock-battle between peasants vying for the reeve's daughter.
In 1894, Tottenham was made an urban district and on 27 September 1934 it became a municipal borough. As from 1 April 1965, the municipal borough formed part of the London Borough of Haringey.
The River Lea (or Lee) was the eastern boundary between the Municipal Boroughs of Tottenham and Walthamstow. It is the ancient boundary between Middlesex and Essex and also formed the western boundary of the Viking controlled Danelaw. Today it is the boundary between the London Boroughs of Haringey and Waltham Forest. A major tributary of the Lea, the River Moselle, also crosses the borough from west to east, and often caused serious flooding until it was mostly covered in the 19th century.
From the Tudor period onwards, Tottenham became a popular recreation and leisure destination for wealthy Londoners. Henry VIII is known to have visited Bruce Castle and also hunted in Tottenham Wood. A rural Tottenham also featured in Izaak Walton's book The Compleat Angler, published in 1653. The area became noted for its large Quaker population and its schools (including Rowland Hill's at Bruce Castle. Tottenham remained a semi-rural and upper middle class area until the 1870s
2 Mins Walk (41,N41,243) 8 Mins Walk (76,149,243,318,349,479,N73)
8 Mins Walk (Seven Sisters)
12 Mins Walk (South Tottenham)
If you would like to make an enquiry regarding this property,
call us on 020 8826 4359 or fill out the below form and a member of our team will be in touch.