Hazel Mews is a modern gated development containing 4 stunning brand new houses. These properties are of high specification throughout and have been designed to provide the best possible place for students to work and play.
The Dorset map of 1619 shows the area we know today as Seven Sisters named as Page Greene. However, by 1805 the first series Ordnance Survey map was showing the area as Seven Sisters.
The name is derived from seven elms which were planted in a circle with a walnut tree at their centre on an area of common land known as Page Green. The clump was known as the Seven Sisters by 1732.
High Road, Seven Sisters
In his early seventeenth-century work, Brief Description of Tottenham, local vicar and historian William Bedwell singled out the walnut tree for particular mention. He wrote of it as a local 'arboreal wonder' which 'flourished without growing bigger'. He described it as popularly associated with the burning of an unknown Protestant. There is also speculation that the tree was ancient, possibly going back as far as Roman times, perhaps standing in a sacred grove or pagan place of worship.
The location of the seven trees can be tracked through a series of maps from 1619 on. From 1619 they are shown in a position which today corresponds with the western tip of Page Green at the junction of Broad Lane and the High Road. With urbanisation radically changing the area, the 'Seven Sisters' had been replanted by 1876, still on Page Green, but further to the east. Contemporary maps show them remaining in this new location until 1955.
The current ring of hornbeam trees was planted in 1997 in a ceremony led by five families of seven sisters.
8 MINS WALK (259 279 279N)
9 MINS WALK (SEVEN SISTERS)
13 MINS WALK (SOUTH TOTTENHAM)
If you would like to make an enquiry regarding this property,
call us on 020 8826 4359 or fill out the below form and a member of our team will be in touch.