Bush Hill Park
We are pleased to start working on two new Luxury houses on the grounds of an old bungalow. Designed in a traditional style using high-quality construction materials to harmonise with the existing properties within the surrounding area. These two five-bedroom houses will sit well in Quakers walk. The majority of the other dwellings in Quakers Walk, and neighbouring Bush Hill, are predominantly large, detached, 1930’s built houses of traditional appearance, on generous plots with mature gardens including established trees. There is a unique converted water tower at the southern end of Quakers Walk which is noteworthy.
Further detail on spec will follow in due course.
Bush Hill Park was farmland that was part of an estate centred on Bush Hill Park House, a country house. The estate changed hands several times in the 18th century before coming under the ownership of William Mellish, a merchant and MP for Middlesex. By this time the estate covered 438 acres (177 ha) – one of the largest in the parish. The estate was broken up in 1875 with the North London Estates Company NLEC, a speculative development company buying 373 acres (151 ha) acres. Bush Hill Park House was sold separately and demolished in 1929.
Initially, the estate was slow to develop. However, with the building of Bush Hill Park station in 1880 the first phase of houses were built between 1880–1886. The houses were divided into a prestige development in Village Road and other substantial homes were completed in Wellington Road, Queen Anne's Place and Dryden Road. Most of these earlier houses were designed by architect, R Tayler Smith for the NLEC. By 1887, following a housing boom a ten-year decline began with NLEC going bankrupt in 1887. Demand for housing picked up due to the expansion of the Royal Small Arms Factory during the Boer War and the present form of the estate was completed by 1914. Between 1914–1960 development was restricted to infilling existing plots. After 1960 larger properties were demolished and replaced by blocks of flats. In 1987, much of the estate was designated as a conservation area and halted such redevelopment.
5 Mins Walk 329,629,N29 & W7
15 Mins Walk Enfiled Town
If you would like to make an enquiry regarding this property,
call us on 020 8826 4359 or fill out the below form and a member of our team will be in touch.